Travel Papers

Taking your pets on a trip? BE PREPARED!

The veterinarians at the FAN VET are USDA licensed to provide inter-state and international health certificates and FAVN rabies testing. Before traveling with your pet, take time to learn about the laws in the United States and abroad. Remember, preparation for international travel with your pet can be a lengthy process. Regulations change frequently and will vary from country to country. If you are planning a trip or move in the near future, contact the appropriate sources for the current regulations. The Foreign Consulate of the country where you are traveling is a good resource. In your packing, make sure your pets are prepared with:

  • Current Rabies Certificate
  • Microchip number, travel ID, photo of your pet
  • Copy of medical records
  • Medications- including Heartworm & Flea Control
  • Favorite Food (may not be available at your destination)
  • Leash
  • Pet carrier/Bed and Toys

To get your pets inter-state or international health certificate and FAVN rabies testing, call us for an appointment. Following a physical exam to certify your pet’s health, our veterinarian will issue your pet’s Health Certificate. All Health Certificates are signed and dated the day the pet is examined and cannot be pre or post dated. Remember, exams must be done within 10-30 days depending on Airline regulations.

Comfortable travel with some pets may include anti-nausea drugs and sedatives, and we will gladly discuss these options with you.

Additional information can be found at and other pet travel websites.